Signature Staff

Find a Nanny Job

Signature Staff is a leading British nanny agency, whom for 35 years habeen working with candidates seeking nanny jobs, in both the UK and overseas.  

Whether you are seeking a live-in nanny job, live-out nanny job, governess job, rota nanny job, overseas nanny job, temporary nanny job, the Signature Staff team can help.  

Signature Staff’s principles have been guided by our founder, Angela Hovey, who prior to founding Signature Staff, enjoyed a highly distinguished career as a Norland nanny. 


Does Signature Staff charge candidates a fee to register?
Open Does Signature Staff charge candidates a fee to register?

No fee is paid by candidates at any time during their interaction with Signature Staff.

What qualifications does a nanny need?
Open What qualifications does a nanny need?

There are many educational qualifications available to nannies in the UK:

Early Years (or equivalent) (CACHE Level 3 Diploma)

Most commonly nannies are now completing a degree in Early Years or similar, these are offered at various universities in the UK, the most famous is Norland College in Bath.

This is a three year degree and includes course work and placements to offer hands on experience in a variety of childcare settings.

National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) in Early Years

Candidates can also study a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) in Early Years. This qualification is completed whilst working full time, normally in a nursery.  It normally takes a year or two to complete, depending on how quickly the candidate completes coursework.

In order to be considered able to work as a nanny, we expect a Level 3 or above to be completed.

Diploma in Childcare & Education (CACHE Level 3 Diploma)

Traditionally candidates studied the Diploma in childcare and education offered by NNEB (Nursery Nurse Examining Board) which was then superseded by the CACHE issuing body.

These two courses included practical experience as well as time in the classroom and took two years to complete.

Montessori Diploma & Other Teaching Degrees

You can study a Montessori Diploma, or a teaching degree or you could specialise in working with children with additional needs.

Outside of UK

Each country will have their own courses; in Australia this could be a TAFE Diploma in Community services whereas in New Zealand there is a government based initiative which aims to teach parents and child carers alike the best way to look after young children. A few nannies will have gone through the PORSE system and completed their qualifications.

If you’re unsure if your international qualification is applicable in the UK, we advise you to contact NARIC, the UK government body which compares international diplomas and offers a statement of comparability.

How many years’ experience working as a candidate must I have in order to register with Signature Staff?
Open How many years’ experience working as a candidate must I have in order to register with Signature Staff?

We require a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a private household.

Register Now

Please do get in touch with one of our Signature Staff team members who can provide you with advice on the type of nanny vacancies available to you. 

Signature Stories

Please read both our client and candidate testimonials on Signature Staff’s exceptional service levels and unique approach.

Open Signature navigation menu Close Signature navigation menu